words :: books :: ideas

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Feeding Five Thousand

I am officially excited. This afternoon I paid the final installment of the bill for my trip to Italy and Greece.

Throughout the past weeks, I have been reminded of the miracle Jesus worked feeding a crowd of five thousand with five meager loaves of bread. Those people did not go away hungry; there were plenty of leftovers (Matthew 16:9-10). Similarly, God miraculously provided enough funds for me to go on this trip, complete with leftovers [souvenirs, anyone?].

"In God We Trust" reads every dollar and cent that I paid, echoing my thoughts. He truly is trustworthy and faithful.
Blessed be the LORD,
Because He has heard the voice
of my supplications!
The LORD is my strength
and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him,
and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly
rejoices,
And with my song I will praise
Him.
- Psalm 28:6-7

No comments: