words :: books :: ideas

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Deutschkirche

This morning I attended church in German. I might not be able to understand everything, but it is wonderful to participate in worshiping God in another language.

I understand just enough to know that we are praising the King of this world and that. I find such delight in having enough comprehension to be able to follow along with well-known passages from the gospels.

Like when I studied Spanish, learning German makes me think about the greatness of the God I serve. He overcomes language barriers and understands any tongue. Worshiping God is not reserved for any one language or people-group.
Ich glaube an Gott den Vater, den Allmächtigen, Schöpfer Himmels und der Erden.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. - from the Apostles' Creed

No comments: