words :: books :: ideas

Friday, November 05, 2010

Remember, Remember

It's the fifth of November. A day to remember.

One year ago at this time I was in England. At Capernwray last year the fifth of November was a day devoted to prayer. I didn't turn on my computer. I didn't listen to my iPod. I didn't even knit. I had nothing to do but "Be still and know that [He is] God" (Psalm 46:10).

To remember not Guy Fawkes Day but a Day of Prayer, below is an excerpt from my journal.

Thursday afternoon
5 November 2009

I've hardly said anything today. Most of my words have been directed toward God in song and prayer. It's strange to be around so many people, but really not be talking with them. Instead, I'm conversing with the One who is with me at all times.

Today I was stunned once again that God Himself, the Holy Spirit would take up residence inside of me. How awe-inspiring and strange and wondrous. Apart from His grace I am unworthy. He, however, chose to make me His temple and dwelling place. May I be continually amazed by this fact and may it change the way I live my life.

No comments: