words :: books :: ideas

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New Years

I echo this prayer.
As I look ahead to another year of life, I am reminded that I may not spend another year here on this earth. Within that space, You may call me to heaven, or the Lord Jesus may return for His Bride. 'Teach [me] to number [my] days and recognize how few they are; help [me] to spend them as [I] should' (Psalm 90:12).
Help me to live whatever days I have remaining in light of eternity. I humbly seek Your blessing and Your favor, for having them I lack nothing. I would seek to please You rather than men. This year I ask...
  • to know and love You in ever-increasing intimacy
  • for the protection of Your Spirit over my hear, my mind, and my affections
  • that You would be faithful in fulfilling the ministry You have entrusted to me--faithful in small tasks as well as large, in secret and obscurity as well as in public
  • for a heart full of love for others
  • that You might make me fruitful
  • that every day might be lived to the fullest and in the constant, conscious awareness of Your presence
  • that I might walk in the light before You and others, without guile or pretense
  • that I might be holy and humble before You and others
These things I ask in Jesus' Name and for the sake of Your Kingdom. May Your Kingdom come and Your will be done here on earth--and in this grateful heart--as it is in heaven. Amen.
- A Place of Quiet Rest by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

No comments: