words :: books :: ideas

Monday, October 17, 2005

Whether Pleasing or Displeasing

So they said to Jeremiah, "Let the Lord be a true and faithful witness between us, if we do not do according to everything which the Lord your God sends us by you. Whether it is pleasing or displeasing, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God to whom we send you, that it may be well with us when we obey the voice of the Lord our God."
-Jeremiah 42:5-6
Reading those verses this morning convicted me that I need to be willing to obediently follow God's instructions whether I like them or not. As I continued reading I discovered that they didn't do what they had promised, which I don't want to imitate. I want to seek His plan and do as He commands. Even when it doesn't seem right, He has the best plan. He truly is omniscient.

No comments: