words :: books :: ideas

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Without Grumbling

[At some point, I hope to complete my last post, but that will first take putting my thoughts into coherent words. Which may take a while.]

For a class, I am reading On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I'm supposed to be noting how they lived, and what their thoughts were on life. When I was little, I didn't notice so much the wisdom ingrained in the book. From my reading the other day, I enjoyed what Pa said after Laura was sad that they had to sell their horses.

"We must do the best we can, Laura, and not grumble. What must be done is best done cheerfully."


"Do all things without complaining [grumbling] and disputing [arguing]." - Philippians 2:14

[Thanks, Hannah!]

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Good quote.

I think the verse you are talking about is Philippians 2:14--"Do everything without complaining or arguing."

hanananah said...

Thanks!